Re: induction heater

Original poster: "Matteo Mariani by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <marians19-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Hi

I suggest you to try with Vladimiro Mazzilli's Current feed royer
oscillator, and a bifilar wound coil made by a big gauge litz wire, I used
it to activate neon sign electrodes in a He-Hg laser tube and it worked
perfectly!!

Here is the schematic:
http://www.hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/mazzilli/Royerfin.pdf

To build an induction heater, just remove the output transformer, and place
a single  center tapped coil coil, and use as tank capacitance big MKP
capacitor (about 1 or 2 uF): the best configuration is to use lots o caps
in parallel, to reduce the ESR and ESL and achieve higher output currents.
The circuit works perfectly with IRFP460 mosfet, Vladimiro used BUP314 in
order to achieve higher switching voltage and high speed, to use this
circuit as a SSTC.
Remember that the voltage across the coil is about Vin]pi, so use adeguate
capacitors!!!!!
Cheers,
Matteo