RE: John Freau's SRSG motor controller question

Original poster: "Jeff W. Parisse by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jparisse-at-teslacoil-dot-com>

Terry,

I start the 3/4hp motor on the 9J with the circuit engaged. The variac
growls but I don't see any heating effect and the start cycle is only
about 5 seconds. We're using 5 x 55uf caps and a W20 variac. We mounted
the phase control into our latest controller (24 kVA continuous!) and
have it calibrated so that the travel of the knob matches the phase
adjust (thanks Brian Basura). The new controller uses 3 x 1256Ds for
voltage and 4 x W50 for current and a W20 for the Phase adjust. It
weighs about 600 lbs. I'll upload photos in a few days.

Jeff

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/030513-03.gif

Cheers,

	Terry