Ground rod Connection Point

Original poster: "Jeremy Gassmann" <gmann-at-fuse-dot-net>

Hi group,
     Just had a quick question regarding the connection point of the bottom
of the secondary with the ground rod.  My system is a 1.8 kVA conventional
TC.  My question is: can I tap a hole in the center of a copper clad ground
rod or should I somehow press a ground strap against the ground rod?  If I
tap a hole in the ground rod, I am not sure if the connection point will be
making full use of the copper plating (higher conductivity).  But if I
somehow wrap a strap around the copper plating of the rod will that give me
a lower loss ground?  Or does it really not matter.
     Another quick question:  will a brass strap make a good ground strap or
is copper far superior.  I know that brass is made from copper, but I am not
sure if the added element (tin I think) would slow those electrons down a
lot.  I could be making a big deal out of nothing, but I am just looking to
get the best performance out of my TC.  Thanks to everyone in advance.

Jeremy Gassmann
Cincinnati, Oh
http://jeremyee.tripod-dot-com