Re: TC -or- the WIFE ! H E L P !

Original poster: Chris Roberts <quezacotl_14000000000000-at-yahoo-dot-com>

I thought it was the other way around. Tesla was always the person who
would visualize the entire thing in his head and made sure that it all
worked in his mind before attempting it, while Edison was the person who
tried it and found out why that that particular setup went up in smoke. I
seem to usually try the Edison approach, which may be why I've blasted so
many of the geek groups caps...

Original poster: robert & june heidlebaugh

Sue: Thank you for your posting. My wife and I are a team. Im a ivory
tower teck nut. I get lost in research. She says I'm Edison and she is
Tesla. I design and build and she is '" Power to the Plug" let it rip. When
the smoke clears lets see what happened!!!" I'm glue it back again."
Robert H
--

 > From: "Tesla list"
 > Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 11:43:20 -0700
 > To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
 > Subject: Re: TC -or- the WIFE ! H E L P !
 >
 > Original poster: "S.Gaeta"
 >
 > It's so ironic that guys are always complaining that girlfriends and wives
 > don't understand this stuff, and/or can't stand it, yet! when a woman comes
 > along that enjoys it, she is either ignored, branded a nut case, or a
 > lesbian. The thought is that girls shouldn't do stuff. I may be a little bit
 > of a 'Psycho-tech' (I like that better than "Mad Scientist" since being
 > around high voltage makes me insanely happy, not mad), but one thing I for
 > sure is that I am not a lesbian. Not that it's anybody's business, but I put
 > that forth to qualify my next statement; that no man is worth giving up this
 > wonderful hobby for. Anyone who would want me to do that is a jerk anyway.
 >
 > There are many of you here that I am good friends with, and there are also
 > some of you out there that have no problem with women who dream of PDTs, and
 > 15 foot arcs. This post isn't intended for you guys, but to the rest of
 > you - make up your mind! How do expect women to like this stuff if you don't
 > encourage them to like this stuff!

&g!
t; *Psychotech steps off the soapbox*

 > To keep this post to the original subject matter, I would recommend keeping
 > the coil. No woman is worth giving up this wonderful hobby for! You might
 > think that you can do without it for a while, maybe even a few years, but
 > one day that desire to create lightning bolts will only come back to haunt
 > you again. The only way to satisfy that hunger is to close that big switch!
 >
 > Good luck Dan, I hope she decides to accept you and the toys.
 >
 > Sue (Psychotechnician, and proud of it!)

-Chris