PlasmaSonic preliminary testing and Audio!

Original poster: humanb-at-chaoticuniverse-dot-com

Hi all. Well I have basically completed my first
PlasmaSonic board and have run some low power tests
last night. First I must say Dan's instruction manual
is very complete, but unfortunately I have only a
crappy old dual channel scope, so running some of the
final tests are difficult. I am still waiting for my
large mains filter caps to get here, but ran some tests
using a 12V DC source (large deep-cycle bat). Able to
pull a incredible 1/4" spark off the secondary, but
sparks were not what I was after! I applied audio from
a high impedance source and everything worked like a
charm, could hear the audio in the small discharge to
ground, very low volume, but very present! Next test
was to see just how well this baby radiates! Take the
walkman and low and behold I find a strong harmonic and
can here my pirate radio a full block away! Cool… But I
am sure the FCC wouldn't be to thrilled ;-P

Dan for some reason I thought the Audio modulation was
going to be Amplitude Modulation (can't remember why I
thought that), but this is definatly FM. Thanks for the
cool design!

Regards,

David Trimmell