Re: True Toroid Capacitance

To clarify:  the major (outer) dia. of the toroid should always be equal to
or greater than twice the dia. of the sec. coilform.  Sorry --- I should
have put this in my original post.

Ratio 2:1 works very good for most modern coil design.  3:1 and 4:1 (or
more) are used in systems where a lot of power and primary capacitance is
readily available.  Usually this is a cost factor that keeps most designs to
the 2:1 ratio or close to it.

Example, a 8-12 inch dia. sec coil works good with a 24 x 6 inch major dia.
toroid.

Dr. Resonance