RE: Diagram software

Original poster: Thomas <tom-at-pwrcom-dot-com.au>

Being an Aussi I'm a Protel (now Altium) user. It too has become very
expensive. However their original DOS based Autotrax (16 bit) software is
available free from their web site:

http://www.protel-dot-com/resources/downloads/index.html

(bottom of the page)

I have not used it for years, but from memory it was a very capable 2 signal
layer + mech layer(s?) PCB design program with the ability to edit/make your
own libraries of parts and footprints.

Tom.