RE: HV Cables

Original poster: Jim Lux <jimlux-at-earthlink-dot-net>

Indeed, this is horrid stuff for HV...
Expanded PE -> bad, because dielectric strength is greatly reduced over
solid PE
Copper clad Steel center conductor -> good for mechanical strength, and
works fine at RF (because of skin effect), but terrible for DC.  It'd be
interesting to know what the DC resistance of the stuff is, because the
clad steel probably has a pretty thin layer of copper.

This stuff is intended as Cable TV drop cable, and has good performance at
VHF and up, and is mechanically quite rugged.