Re: Break-down voltage of gaps and humidity

Original poster: BunnyKiller <bunikllr-at-bellsouth-dot-net>

I suppose one must define the difference between corona discharge and
actual gap jump. Couldnt there be excessive corona discharge as humidity
increases but not have the actual voltage arc at a certian voltage/humidity
rating? Maybe we see more corona due to the humidity at the same voltage as
when the voltage is still held constant at low humidity( same voltage ,less
humidity, less corona)

I have noticed longer streamers on cold clear dry nites as compared to warm
humid nites with the power setting the same. But these are arcs not corona.
And to confirm your findinds... on the warm humid nites I see more corona
off of various parts of the T-Coil as compared to the drier less humid nites.

Maybe this could be part of the answer to the longer streamers on cold dry
nites....  less energy is being dissapated in the form of corona and is
applied more to the streamer.

Scot D