Re: Charge distribution on a Toroid (was spheres vs toroids)

Original poster: Bart Anderson <classi6-at-classictesla-dot-com>

Hi Paul, Gerry,

Tesla list wrote:

>Original poster: Paul Nicholson <paul-at-abelian.demon.co.uk>
>Paul wrote:
>gcc is the GNU C compiler, which is available for almost all systems,
>except windows and DOS.  There are variants of gcc available for
>these (djb, cygwin?) I think.

I have used cygwin and it does work. It emulates Linux. It's similar to
shelling out to DOS, except you shell out to a Linux prompt and command
line environment. It's been a long time since I've used it and it was
loaded on a different computer running on a Windows 98 OS. I think the
files were simply thrown into a C:/cygwin directory. Pretty simple to use.
Just click, and there you are at a command line prompt which is waiting for
you to do something. You'll need to learn the Linux commands (for what you
want to do), switches, and a few misc. items (like piping files into
executables, etc.). It's not difficult, just a little different in how it's
done.

http://www.cygwin-dot-com/

Take care,
Bart