Re: Re:Electrostatics (was Charge distribution on a Toroid (was spheres vs toroids)0

 > Original poster: "Robert Jones" <alwynj48-at-earthlink-dot-net>
 >
 > Thanks Gerry, Yes I am aware of the fact it can take any path. I believe
 > thats a required property for perpetula motion machines not to exist .
 > I am rusty on the cross product/dot product too. If I remember correctly
the
 > first is orthogonal and the later is scaler.

Yes, the cross product of two vectors is a vector orthogonal to the two and
the dot product of two vectors is a scalor.

 > Yes I forgot the permittivity so it is dependent on the capacitance. The
4pi
 > must be something to do with the units. I will have to work on that.

4pi (4*pi) is unitless.  pi is that 3.1459 thingy.  Fun to relearn some of
this stuff.  Paul is making me do that.

Gerry R