Re: BEGINNER PLANS FOR SCIENCE PROJECT PLEASE HELP

Original poster: "J. B. Weazle McCreath" <weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca>

At 05:04 PM 18/11/03 -0700, you wrote:

 >Original poster: "Nightmare" <nightmare-at-bak.rr-dot-com>
 >
 >where can i get a TOBOR spark gap and for how much? is there any other
 >alternative (cheaper and easier to get).

<SNIP>

 >Ravi

Hi Ravi,

Have at look at my gap design.  It can be made from off the shelf parts
available at any good hardware store, or Home Depot.  It will serve you
fine not only for your first coil but for the bigger ones that you WILL
build once you're bitten by the smell of ozone and the sight and sounds
of an operating Tesla coil.

As for bottle capacitors, check out the Geek Group's bucket cap design,
which is easy to build and works well (I know, I built one) with either
salt water or copper sulphate as the liquid.  Use clear glass bottles,
like Miller Genuine Draft or Corona Extra (appropriate name) and half
inch copper water pipe as the electrodes.

73, Weazle, VE3EAR/VE3WZL

Details of my "Hyperbaric Gap" and Tesla coil are at:
http://www.hurontel.on.ca/~weazle