Re: BEGINNER PLANS FOR SCIENCE PROJECT PLEASE HELP

Original poster: Bart Anderson <classi6-at-classictesla-dot-com>

Just so the newer members know:

TCBOR refers to Tesla Coil Builders of Richmond (Virginia). And yes, an
air-cooled spark gap housed in a tube using pipe segments as the electrodes.

BTW, this is commonly referred to as a RQ/TCBOR spark gap. There was a
discussion long ago about who came up with this spark gap assembly first.
After some debate, many on the List felt comfortable that Richard Quick and
Tesla Coil Builders of Richmond were all involved and should be given due
credit.

I know that spell checkers will sometimes flag TCBOR and suggest TABOR
(what's a Tabor?). Obviously, the wrong click of the mouse and the word is
changed just before the post is sent. However, I thought I should at least
clarify for so newer members are aware of the correct term.

Take care,
Bart