New NST failure mode

Hi all,

I have four 15kv/30ma transformers in an NST farm for eventual use in a
1.8KVA coil.  I just noticed that one of my NST has open circuited
bushings.  To date, I have not power up this NST in a TC application.   I
bought it over ebay and it worked upon delivery.  The only thing I did
since verifying it works was to tighten the nuts on the bushings.   It is
now open (both bushings).  It has sat (unconnected) under the TC primary
coil being driven by one half of a 12KV/30ma NST.  Don't know if the fields
killed it (I doubt) or the mechanical stress of tightening the nuts broke
the internal wiring.  Has anyone experienced this problem??  (Magnetek NST)

Gerry R.
Ft. Collins, CO