...for interested personages...

Original poster: "Christopher 'CajunCoiler' Mayeux" <cajuncoiler-at-cox-dot-net>

Some of you may remember a few months back, I attempted
a "Terry Filter", which took advantage of a sort of new
surface mount technology, in which I simply attached the
circuitry to a section of pine sheathing using hot glue.

Some of you expressed concern that there might be too
much moisture in the wood, due to the location, and it
might start doing a bit of carbon tracking.

Well, last night, I dug my "round tuit" out of the lab
closet, and tested the filter in-circuit.  Not only did
it work well, but there was no carbon tracking, or even
common corona (or is that "coronae" ?).  So this morning,
I mounted in vertically to save space in the project cart.

I was so motivated by this success, I went down to the
Home Depot, and snagged enough hardware to make a totally
AWESOME safety gap to go along with the filter.  While I
was there, I also snagged a fresh 8-pack of AA batteries
for my digital camera... needless to say, there will be
several pictures taken tonight, for all to enjoy. :)

If there are no more delays, I might just be able to get
a "first light" situation by the end of the month, as I'd
predicted.  WOOHOO!!!

---
Christopher 'CajunCoiler' Mayeux
http://www.cajuncoiler.tk