Mini coil updade

Original poster: Chris Roberts <quezacotl_14000000000000-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hi everybody!
A couple of days ago I finally got a meter to measure the current my mini
coil's 3/20 NST (shunts removed) runs at. After measuring the current, I
would finally be able to enter it into the mini coil contest. While hooking
it up to the meter, I was fantasizing about it being super-efficient, etc.
=D Then I flipped the switch and looked at the meter...
Aw nuts. So much for being the least bit effecient. =P The little
transformer puts out 82 milliamps. I was certanly surprised. Let's see...
that means that the coil runs at 246 VA, making it too powerful to put in
the mini coil contest. <Sigh> I don't think that I will fiddle with the
shunts right now, because the coil is doing fine, hasn't blown up, and I'm
not one to change that. =D
Here's a picture at:
<http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/mini_1.jpg>http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/mini_1.jpg

-Chris