From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Friday, November 21, 2003 10:08 AM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: doing something right??

I've been doing experiments at relatively low powers (100Va transformer and
now one half of a 12KV/30ma transformer - 180 VA).  Last nite I set the Cp
to pi/2 * Cres and retuned the coil.  I'm guessing about 90 watts thru the
sparkgap based on 120 BPS and Joules/bang.  I promptly got a streamer hit
on my nose (that got my attention).  I was surprised at how little it
hurt.  Anyway, the streamer was about 1.5 foot so I do need to back off a
little more.

Gerry R.
Ft Collins, CO