Re: Primary/NST case coupling effects

Original poster: Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com

In a message dated 11/21/03 7:19:08 AM Pacific Standard Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

>My setup has my 4 transformers mounted underneath the primary upside-down.
>The distance between the primary and transformers is about 6 inches with
>3/4ths of an inch thick poly coated oak wood between them.  Do you think
>that this configuration will reduce the energy in the primary?  That is a
>good question that you asked...I never have thought about that.
>
>Jeremy Gassmann
>Cincinnati, Oh
>http://jeremyee.tripod-dot-com

Jeremy,

Yes, I think it will rob energy from the primary.  How much, I don't
know.  I am sure that the field produced by the primary extends more than
6" or 12" both above and below the plane of the primary.  If you notice any
difference in the frequency or performance after moving the transformers,
please let us know.  Can you just take them out of the box and do a
temporary hook up to try it?

Ed Sonderman