Re: copper washers

Original poster: Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com

When I needed some not too big copper washers, I took a drill press to a
roll of copper pennies wrapped with electrical tape, wedged into a pipe
nipple that was screwed into a floor flange that was clamped to the drill
table. This was done pre-1980, when gov't copper was still mostly copper.
I'm not sure what new pennies are made of.
For larger washers, try sheet copper tacked to a piece of plywood. Drill
the center holes with a regular drill then cut the outsides with a hole
saw, cookie-cutter style. This will eventually kill the hole saw, but you
can get many cuts before that.
Most commercial copper washers I've seen are VERY thin.

Hope this helps,

Matt D.