Re: MMC advice

Original poster: Peter Lawrence <Peter.Lawrence-at-Sun.COM>

Guys,
      if you want to be really conservative put 600 VAC per capacitor in your
MMC. 600 VAC is about where edge corona starts, pretty much independent of
construction materials. Forget about DC rating entirely for MMCs.

Personally I've been making my MMCs with 750 VAC per capacitor and not had
a problem.

-Pete Lawrence.