Re: nobody knows whos maggie at fla teslathon?

Original poster: Mark Broker <mbroker-at-thegeekgroup-dot-org>

Sundog,

Do you mean static gap LTR = ~1.5*Cres, or SRSG LTR ~ .83*Ixfmr/(BPS*Vxfmr)?

E-field shaping using more than one topload should help reduce the voltage
stress on the lower part of the toroid causing fewer breakouts to occur
from the lower half of the toroid.  This would decrease the occurances of
primary strikes.  You may have to get a copy of E-tesla6 on
hot-streamer-dot-com to get the Vstress grid - I haven't looked at the new
JavaTC nor the FanTC apps to see if that is a possible output.  Of course
YMMV....

Cheers!

Mark Broker
Chief Engineer, The Geek Group