RE: Fiberglass Resin and Secondary

Original poster: Thomas <tom-at-pwrcom-dot-com.au>

The 1400t is a guideline based on many years coiling practice and
observation of what works. It is not however a law.

I have a 6" x 17" secondary wound with 22 AWG, (about 780t) that works fine
(39" sparks from 880VA).

I have yet to wind another secondary using the same former size with 1400t
(thinner wire) and compare the two, but I will (one day).