Re: Question

Original poster: Gregory Hunter <ghunter31014-at-yahoo-dot-com>

You're OK. If you'll provide detailed specs of your
secondary, including the gauge of wire it is wound
with, the exact outside diameter of your secondary
(use a ruler), and the exact length of the winding,
anyone on this list can assist you in coming up with a
suitable primary circuit design to match it. You won't
need to fiddle with the toroid to tune it, you can
just use a tunable primary coil.

Regards,

Greg

 > Original poster: "EMMETT SECREST"
 > <secrest2032-at-msn-dot-com>
 >
 > Hi Everyone,
 > I am hoping someone will provide some insight to a
 > beginner.  I purchased a
 > secondary coil off of Ebay and am planning on
 > building my first TC. I have
 > been reading postings and studying everything I can
 > find.  At this point I
 > just need some clarification. I think I have done
 > this backwards by buying
 > a premade secondary. If I am correct in my thinking,
 > since the secondary
 > coil is a fixed factor ( 4.5 dia. 22.5 High) I will
 > have to play with the
 > Toroid size to make the secondary resonant frequency
 > match the frequency of
 > the primary circuit.  I have a 12KV/60mA NST and
 > plan on using a series
 > static gap but am uncertain how many piecesof 3/4"
 > copper tubing I shoud
 > use. If someone could advise me on this or point me
 > in the direction of an
 > answer I would appreciate it.

=====
Gregory R. Hunter