Re: Superconducting tesla coil...

Original poster: The MCP <ejkeever-at-comcast-dot-net>

But isn't keeping the resistance reasonably low the reason we use only up to
about 1500 turns on a given form? If there *is* no resistance, you can put 10
or 50 or 100 times as many turns on the same form, greatly increasing the
voltage output.

And wouldn't the high self-capacitance caused by the number of turns work to
one's advantage in such a coil, with no resistance to make it a mere nuisance
as in a normal coil?