Re: PlasmaSonic II SSTC FETS

Original poster: dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com

Dave,

You can use a less expensive one.  Future Active also has a IXFN73N30 for
$12.00 each in the ISOPAK package which is a real deal.  If you are running
only 120VAC half-rectified or DC, you won't see more than 200V across any
single FET.  Plus, the Rds of this FET is lower than the 44N50, so your
heating losses will be even less.

You can also try using standard TO-247 type FETs (IRFP460 etc...), but they
themselves are about $4-5 each.  So you are really get a lot for the buck
for a $12.00 ISOPAK FET!!!

Dan

73n30