Re: RF question

Original poster: Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com

In a message dated 10/3/03 5:56:25 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:
Also is there anyway to increase the RF power off a Tesla coil ? I know
most want to reduce it due to loss though I find high power RF can do a lot
of cool things and I would like to concentrate on boosting the RF power and
not too long arcs. Can anyone point me in the right direction to do this?

Thanks all,
Chris

Hi Chris,
You attach a long antenna to the top of the coil. It's called a spark-gap
transmitter. When the power is high enough that the FCC picks it up, you
get pointed in the direction of a federal "hotel" in Kansas and/or you get
relieved of the burden of your major research dollars. ;-))

Matt D.