Re: Awesome Quarter Shrinking Capacitors on EBAY

Original poster: Crow Leader <tesla-at-lists.symmetric-dot-net>

On Fri, 3 Oct 2003, Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com
 >
 > Thats a bargain considering you are getting a capacitor which can withstand
 > repeated discharges such as those found in a quarter shrinker.
 > New, these capacitors are probably upwards of $10,000 each.
 >
 >  > $399.99 for only 3,040 Joules? Gimme a break!!

Do you have the spec sheet and useage history for these cap? It's
possible they are end of life. The idea is to replace big caps before they
fail (explode).

$10,000 is really high. Aerovox wanted about $5000 a few years ago to do a
new run of 7uf 50kV energy storage caps when I asked.

KEN