Re: Awesome Quarter Shrinking Capacitors on EBAY

Original poster: Finn Hammer <f-h-at-c.dk>

In one post to this list,

"RIAA/MPAA's Worst Nightmare" <mike.marcum-at-zoomtown-dot-com>

Wrote:
Snip
<<<(30kv, 112.5 uF) for my manhole cover shrinker :) ).>>>
                            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
In another post to this list, the same

Original poster: "RIAA/MPAA's Worst Nightmare"

Wrote:
<I'm getting some huge ferrite cores in a couple weeks if anyone's>
<interested. Had to buy 1000$ worth before the company would deal with <me and
<thinking of putting the extras on ebay (only needed 16 U's for 2 giant <EE
<cores, 2 U's make a 4x4.5" core with a 1" cross section (about 1 kw <power
<handling at 200 khz).

This prompts me to write:

Mike, you sound like a potentially interesting guy, with some very
interesting projects. A manhole cover shrinker, oh boy!, pity this is
getting so off topic.
The ferrite cores, OTOH, sound like interesting, and usefull, things to us.
The SSTC Tesla coil, base driven by a step up transformer has not yet been
satisfactorily explored. (But I know they are working on it)
(Way down south in them govnit`labmatories) and for induction heaters too.
oops, drifting OT again.
On rereading this, it strikes me, that the buzz word is "impedance matching"

Why don`t you introduce yourself, throw in some tesla stuff too, to please
us all, and Terry :-), Pictures and pricing of those ferrite cores would be
nice too. Manhole cover shrinker....

Cheers, Finn Hammer