Re: Awesome Quarter Shrinking Capacitors on EBAY

Original poster: "RIAA/MPAA's Worst Nightmare" <mike.marcum-at-zoomtown-dot-com>

  Well, my name's Mike Marcum. I live in Cincinnati, OH and I've been
building strange and unusual stuff that the average Joe is scared to death
of for about 10 years now. The first time I heard of Tesla was when my
science teacher (I think it was 88-89 school year) zapped my butt with a
BH-10 Tesla coil in class and I was hooked since. After reading all sorts of
tesla stuff (which led me to other HV reading), I came upon this list (took
me awhile to get internet access, busy building things and got behind the
times). I've been coiling for about 8 years now (did alot of reading
beforehand, didn't want to accidently toast myself with an nst, pole pig or
x-ray transformer). I hope to have a website soon with my HV stuff on it. My
latest coil project (slowed down since I only make about 20-25k a year and I
only use the best stuff or close) that uses the ferrite cores isn't a SSTC
per se. I built one of those and a VTTC and wasn't particularly awed by the
unlightning-like discharges, though you could burn metal and light up stuff
further away and other things a SG coil can't do with the same power. I'm
using those for a DC resonant charging TC that runs on lithium-ion batteries
or zinc- air if they become available soon (8x cheaper and double energy
density). The ferrite is for the DC-DC converter that runs at 200khz (tired
of messing with 500# 60hz parts). Still have to get some 60kv 500mA super
fast rectifiers ($200 each, at least I'll have nearly zero ripple with no
filter cap/chokes as long as the mosfets on the primary side are matched).
Output is going to be "only" 7.5 kw max. The nice part is that with that
special suit from KVA effects ($6k) all the main circuitry except the coil
itself (10 x30" acrylic tube inside a 12x31" tube filled with oil) will fit
inside a large backpack (aka protonpack from ghostbusters style). Of course
I'd have to use a smaler coil and run at lower power to have a lightning
"gun"
   Which leads me to a question: has anyone ever made a remote controlled
tesla coil? Is it possible to make a remote that can control the RSG motor
that can survive sitting on top of the coil and not being fried at the least
and not have the RF from the coil interfere/block the RF from the remote?
Thinking of after getting the suit (I'd never try it without one, 40 watts
500khz 50kv in the butt hurts) controlling the output while sitting on the
coil. I think it would look awesome.
  . As far as the ferrite goes I'm open to suggestions. I know most projects
on the list aren't funded by Bill Gates, but these cost me quite a bit.
Would $25 a pair work for anyone? These are hard to come by unless you have
a source for junk induction heaters (the purpose they are made for). I'll
have pictures when I get them on the 20th (or therabouts, has a 4-week lead
time).