Re: eddy current with secondary coil

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz" <acmq-at-compuland-dot-com.br>

Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: Ed Phillips <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

 >         I haven't looked at your program or the results yet, but have a
 > question anyway.  Does it compute low-frequency inductance and is it
 > corrected for wire dimensions?

Low-frequency inductances and mutual inductances. Most of the
formulations that I used assume uniform current in the wires,
radially and along them.

Skin and proximity effects have some effect on inductances, but
the most serious deviation from the DC values in this case is
caused by the capacitances of the coils changing the currents
along the wires. It's easy to take this into account, if the
current profiles are known, but this is not implemented in my
program yet. The program developed by Paul Nicholson (Acmi) can
take the current profiles into account.
Eventually I will look at this problem, but I would like to find
first a good method to calculate the current profiles.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz