Re: Awesome Quarter Shrinking Capacitors on EBAY

 >    Which leads me to a question: has anyone ever made a remote controlled
 > tesla coil? Is it possible to make a remote that can control the RSG motor
 > that can survive sitting on top of the coil and not being fried at the
least
 > and not have the RF from the coil interfere/block the RF from the remote?
 > Thinking of after getting the suit (I'd never try it without one, 40 watts
 > 500khz 50kv in the butt hurts) controlling the output while sitting on the
 > coil. I think it would look awesome.

If the remote were in a metal box, and used optical links, there'd be no
problem.. An RF remote, on the other hand....

Also, think about safety... you're sitting on top of that coil, running full
tilt, and something catches fire.. how are you going to shut it down? What
if the batteries died or the remote Tx died?  Watchdog timeouts, deadman
switches, etc. would be the order of the day...

(Actually, I'd only do something like this with a second person around...
and that second person wouldn't be some casual bystander... you're trusting
them with your life.)