Re: first coil

Original poster: robert & june heidlebaugh <rheidlebaugh-at-desertgate-dot-com>

Terry: I wind all my coils by hand. I put a 2x4 scrap in each end of my coil
forn and drill a 1/8" hole in the 2x4 plug center. I then make a U shaped
wood frame to hold the coil form like a roler and pound a #16 nail into the
drilled hole via the U frame forming a mounted roler. I then place my roll
of wire on the floor about 4 feet below the roler with the role end up. I
start the wire roling on the coil form holding tension with one hand guiding
the wire under the edge of my finger nail and turning the roler with my
other hand .This takes about 1 hour per coil. Keep several small cut pieces
of tape to hold the wound coil every 1 inch or so to prevent a mess when you
slip and you will. When you compleat your winding tack the wire tight with a
small blob of 5-min-epoxi  on each end of winding, remove your tape, and
your coil is ready to coat.
    Robert   H