Re: freak show with tesla coil, please explain

Original poster: "Nick Field" <nick.field-at-hvfx.co.uk>

Hi Plugh,

Some people are dumb, what's to explain?

There is no skin effect in a human body.  If your bare skin is having to
support several hundred kV at a few hundred kHz. then a substantial reactive
current will be flowing through your body to ground.  Maybe, if you're
lucky, you'll do the stunt that way and not feel the effects
until you're 40 or 50.  If you're not so lucky you might catch a power arc
off somewhere other than your hands and it'll all end in tears.

People do a lot of silly things, doesn't make them safe.

Safe Coiling

Nick
Nick Field, HVFX
www.hvfx.co.uk