Re: Odd coil behavior

Original poster: Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com

In a message dated 10/11/03 2:04:32 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

> > Take some steel wool or light sand paper and clean the copper
> > tubes of the
> > gap.  I guess it could be the caps or the transformer but I would start
> > with the gap.
> >
> > Ed Sonderman
>
>Hey Ed,
>Didn't you have this same problem a few years ago?
>Dan K.

Yes, I did have the same problem with my RQ style gap.  Steel wool cleaned
it right up.  After several runs of a few minutes each, it needs to be
cleaned again.  I have since changed both of my coils over to rotary
synchronous gaps.

Ed Sonderman