Re: Poking wires into secondary

Original poster: "Harold Weiss" <hweiss-at-new.rr-dot-com>

Hi Jeremy,

I haven't had a problem with that.  Although it might be wise to add a
couple of plexi bulkheads secured with RTV.  The only breakdown I have had
was a climbover from the top turn that punched thru the foamcore PVC about
1" above  the bottom turn that was terminated similar to what you want to
do.  I'm not sure a bulkhead would have helped with the foamcore, as I now
avoid it like the plague.  My current 6" is terminated in the same way and
without bulkheads and is hitting 2X coil length, with only 1 climbover that
luckily didn't do damage.(ionization buildup under downwind side of torrid
while firing in light wind)  I am planning a new 1000T secondary for this
coil which will use the same termination and bulkheads. (currently 620T)

David E Weiss