RE: posible bulk buy on HUGE toroids

Original poster: "Lau, Gary" <gary.lau-at-hp-dot-com>

That IS a beautiful looking toroid!  I'm sorry I didn't see their site
before I started on my foam core toroid.

Dan, could you comment on the construction of these units?  I'm guessing
a corrugated duct interior, covered with fiberglass/resin, then Al tape?

Gary Lau
MA, USA

Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H" <daniel.h.mccauley-at-lmco-dot-com>

Dave,

There is an outfit in Florida, D&M Voltage, that makes awesome looking
toroids very inexpensively compared
to commercial spun aluminum toroids.  I already have one i've been using
from them for some time and am in the
process of purchasing a few more because I like them so much.  The
advantages are:

- Inexpensive compared to commercial spun toroids
- Look absolutely great!
- Not as fragile as commercial toroid (just drop that 12x48" toroid on
the floor once!)
- Perform just as well as those commercially spun toroids

D&M High Voltage Toroids
http://pw1-dot-netcom-dot-com/~davmckin/DMsEconomicalToroids.htm

Picture of my 4" coil with a D&M High Voltage toroid
http://www.spacecatlighting-dot-com/images/ctc1_teslacoil01.jpg

Dan