Re: Slighty zapped from metal casing

Robert,

You're body is like an antenna sitting in a very strong field.  When you
touch something that is grounded this tiny shock will occur.  Make sure you
are at a safe distance from taking a streamer hit.  You then have three
choices I can think of.

1. Move the variac further from the coil (and yourself with it)
2. Wear a ground strap (definitely don't want to accidently come in contact
with any 60 Hz stuff)
3. Do what I do and be fast at grabbing the grounded knob (doesnt burn
nearly as much this way.

Gerry R
Ft Collins, CO