Re: will my mmc blow up?

I believe the NST's 10KV is from bushing to bushing not from bushing to
ground.  So the total voltage is 10kvrms or 14.1KV peak.  A 9 cap string
should be OK for voltage. Make sure your safety gap is set properly so
resonant rise does't take the voltage much higher than 14KV.  Need to make
sure peak current for the MMC string is within limits as well.  JAVATC will
tell you what your peak current will be.  Determining RMS current per string
is a little difficult unless you know the current waveform and BPS.
Alternatively, you could be cautious on how long you run the system until
you get a feeling on the temp rise of the caps.

Gerry R
Ft Collins, CO