Re: NST power rating -- another perspective

Original poster: FutureT-at-aol-dot-com

In a message dated 10/15/03 12:48:58 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

>I don't understand how you can get a high wattage input or output if the
>load is only a capacitor. The joules (energy) in a  capacitor would normally
>be returned to the source with little wattage loss. Are you referring to TC
>operation which is a different test setup? The non-current limited
>transformer with a spark output is another story.

John,

My tests were with a TC setup with a firing gap,  not just a capacitor.
You are correct.  My point was simply to say that your resistive test
is not representative of typical TC use, as you mentioned in your latest
post.  We agree....

John