Fried MOVs

Original poster: "Robert Hanford" <pomnept-at-comcast-dot-net>

Yesterday I tried out a new spark gap ( an SRSG,) did something dumb and
proved that Terry's filter works well. I noticed unusual sparking and shut
the coil off quickly. Some MOVs had come unsoldered from the heat.
I have a question- how does one know when they're destroyed? Is there a way
of testing these?
As for my dumb mistake, I am now a bit wiser ;^ D but I still have a long
way to go!