Transporting a SSTC on an airplane

Original poster: "Dan Strother" <dstroth-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Hey everyone,

I'm going to be attending the Cheesehead Teslathon this weekend, and wanted
to bring along my SSTC electronics to demonstrate (Steve Ward will be
providing me with a coil and whatnot).

Now, I was wondering if anyone could offer advice about transporting the
SSTC driver electronics on an airplane. They will (hopefully) be enclosed
in a nice aluminum project box. Has anyone had experience with carrying
homemade electronic devices in your baggage, etc? Should I just not risk it?

Thanks,
Dan Strother