Re: Calculating streamer breakout of top-loads

Original poster: "Rikard Titus" <rikard_titus-at-hotmail-dot-com>

>Original poster: "Dr. Resonance" <resonance-at-jvlnet-dot-com>
>

>The planar antenna does work as Terry has calibrated it against his
>fiberoptic probe pickup.

Ok.If you say so.

>No, if the spark gap is set at a 13 kV spacing then the max potential on the
>cap is only 13 kV --- it can not exceed the potential of the gap because the
>gap would breakdown.  We also check this operation with a 15 sec. one-shot
>technique and results were consistent and the same.
>
>Dr. Resonance

I think you didn't take my point.
-In single shot tests,given very slow charging rate,maximum firing voltage
is always fixed to the same value.I don't have problems understanding this
part.Under these circumstances V1 can be set to 13kV with or without high
speed rotary all right

-But when you operate your coil to hurl 7' long sparks,with ARSG giving 345
PPS ,maximum V1 ever in the process is brought to...?
I suppose you are not using DC charger supply for high power run or some
trick like puting static gap in paralel to the rotary!I hope I made my
point clear now.
What is C1 (primary tank capacitance ) of that coil anyway?

Kind regards,
Rik