Re: DC power on Tesla Secondary - Nasty Arcs

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz" <acmq-at-compuland-dot-com.br>

Tesla list wrote:

 > I was wondering if anyone had more information how this DC was connected
 > / buffered / filtered as I didn't get the chance
 > to speak with the individual at the time.

I remember a discussion in the list about the effect of connecting a
high-voltage capacitor between the bottom of the secondary and the
ground. It doesn't affect much the normal operation, but gets charged
due to rectification in streamers. After some time, it completes one
of the relatively weak arcs produced by the discharge of the terminal
with its own, much stronger, discharge.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz