Re: Skin depth (again) was: Re: Newbie with questions...

Original poster: Ed Phillips <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: "Chris the great" <downnessisgoingup-at-hotmail-dot-com>
 >
 > Would it be safe to do this with a low power coil (1-50 watts)?
 > At this power would internal harm be non-existant?  50 watts wouldn't cause
 > burns if you didn't expose yourself for long, or would it?

	You can definitely get skin burns where the streamers end on your
fingers - must be that most of the energy is dissipated right there.
Won't destroy you but if you let the discharge persist I guarantee
you'll be sorry!

Ed