Re: Best secondary size

The 240 mm (9.5 inch) dia. sec would offer more performance as output
potential is:

Vout = Vin x k x sqr (Ls/Lp)

k is a coeff. of efficiency factor which increases with larger dia.
secondary.

We want to keep Ls as large as practical, Ls (sec. inductance) increases as
the square of number of turns and also as square of the sec. radius), so
increasing either of these helps output.  The larger dia. coilform will
offer the best performance.

Use an height/dia. aspect ratio of 4.5:1 which gives 4.5 x 240 mm = 1080 mm
winding length (approx 42 inches).

Next, divide this length by 1,400 turns (good value for sec. coils running
on NST's) and this will give you the correct dia. for your sec. wire.  Use
200 degree C magnet wire (better insulation) to wind the sec.

Use a toroid on top of sec. that is 2 x sec. coilform dia. or close to this
value.  A 20 x 5 inch will work good here.

Hope this helps out.

Dr. Resonance

Resonance Research Corporation
E11870 Shadylane Rd.