Re: Over-voltage at Synchronous Gap ? ? ?

Hi Captain,

.0257uf is very close to the .028 uf LTR that I show for your xformer.  The
steady state voltage should be less than the NST no load.  However, the
transient response could put it over.  Try to remove the SRSG and bring the
power up slowly while watching the safety spark gap voltage with a 1000:1 HV
probe and a scope.  The safety gap may not fire in this case.  If you then
precipitate a firing (do this safely), it may continue to fire do to this
transient response.

Gerry R
Ft Collins, CO