Re: Over-voltage at Synchronous Gap ? ? ?

Original poster: "Steven Ward" <srward16-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Dan,

your phasing is set too late in the cycle meaning that by the time the
electrodes align, the safety has aleady taken care of things.  In my SRSG,
the phasing at high power is CRUCIAL to performance, and if i set it too
late, the safety set at some .6" starts to fire!  It all depends on how far
you want to push things.  To me it seems that you can push things alot with
a SRSG.  Im running a 15kv 90ma NST with a .045uf cap:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/srward16/1.5kVASGTC.htm

Do you have a phase controller?  It might be a worthy investment, i love mine!

Steve Ward