RE: Over-voltage at Synchronous Gap ? ? ?

Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H" <daniel.h.mccauley-at-lmco-dot-com>

Not correct.  On the front of the spark gap is a secondary safety gap
which can be adjusted independently of
any other gap settings.

The following is a picture of this spark gap:
http://www.spacecatlighting-dot-com/images/srsg01.jpg

Thanks
Dan