maggie(Florida tesalthon)

Original poster: "James" <mustang3-at-cox-dot-net>

Hi All,
     Well, I thot Dave would hop in here and discuss his maggie that was at
the Florida Teslathon. The only unusual aspect of it is the two coils are
the same diameter. Coil #2 has only 200 Turns or so. Coil #3 has 3-4
hundred turns. Also the primary is not too tightly coupled(is adjustable
though). We didn't run it very hard. My shop is wired for 125A. -at- 240V.
Dave was pulling 40-50A. The trick is, big bang, big topload.  The screen
wire toploads are not hard to make. Fiddley, but not hard. A hot glue gun,
styrofoam, and chicken wire. Shad made the smaller one in a couple hours
last year. I have to give credit to Shad for this configuration. He has
been preaching this for years. Yeah, I'm a slow learner. We all had a lot
of fun. Ralph's pictures were cool. Put some of those movies up there too
Ralph.
                                                                                                                Later,
                                                                                                                        James