Re: Battery power for big SSTC

Original poster: "Black Moon" <black_moons-at-hotmail-dot-com>

you'll want deep cycle if you want to fully discharge the battery, while
starter can safty give up to 5~10c, they arnt rated for discharge below
about 80% or it majorly lowers the cycles.
deep cycle will do 1~5c, and thats still plenty since thats like 300amps
for a 100CA battery at 3c, but check with the manufacture for datasheets
about max load. Note that at '1c' rate, it only takes about 1/2 an hour for
a fully discharge a battery, as the capacity of a battery reduces the
faster you discharge them. Nicads can also typicaly take extream discharge
rates, I know C sized nicads used in RC raceing can do 30amps for 5 mins
(without damageing the battery)